Chinese Government Scholarship-China-Africa Friendship Program is a full scholarship established by Ministry of Education to support Chinese universities to attract outstanding international students from African Countries for six month general studies in China. Wuhan University is one of the prestigious universities designated to undertake this program to recruit students.
Supporting Program, Duration and Instruction Language
Program: Clinical Medicine （Surgery）
School: The Second Affiliated Hospital（Zhongnan Hospital of Wuhan University）
Duration: February, 2021-August,2021
July, 2021-January, 2022
Instruction Language: Chinese/English
Note: Further notice will be given if there were any changes.
Eligibility of Applicants:
1. Full time applicants of African countries’ nationalities and in good health.
2. Applicants for English-medium programs should provide score report of English Language test. TOEFL requires 80, IELTS requires 5.5. Applicants who took English-medium program in previous school but could not provide the above mentioned standard English test result should provide extra supporting documents issued by previous school and take additional oral or written English test organized by Wuhan University. Native English-speaking applicants could be exempted from providing the above English proficiency certificate. Applicants applying for Chinese-medium programs should provide at least HSK level 5 certificate or above (Chinese Proficiency Test).
Applicants whose native language is Chinese or able to provide proof of studying at a previous institution where the teaching language is Chinese, can apply for HSK test waiver after the approval of Wuhan University.
3. Applicants did not receive any other types of scholarship.
Scholarship Coverage and Criteria
1. Tuition waiver;
3. Living allowance;
4. Comprehensive medical insurance.
Procedure of Application
1. Register and submit your online application at the CSC Online Application System for International Students at http://laihua.csc.edu.cn. The code of Wuhan University is 10486. Please Choose Program category type B which refers to scholarship programs responsible by China-Africa Friendship under Chinese Government Scholarship. Please download and print a hard copy of the “Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship” after you complete the form.
2. Register and submit your online application at Wuhan University Online Application System for International Students at http://admission.whu.edu.cn, submit online the completed “Application Form for International Scholars and Students of Wuhan University” and required application documents listed below:
1. Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship (written in Chinese or English).
2. Application Form for International Scholars and Students of Wuhan University (written in Chinese or English).
3. Notarized degree certificate and transcripts. Prospective diploma recipients should submit official document issued by your current school to prove not only your current student status, but also the expected degree certificate and graduation date. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English should attach notarized Chinese or English translations.
4. Study Plan, within 800 words, written in Chinese or in English.
5. One recommendation letters from either professors or associate professors, in Chinese or English.
6. Scanned copy of valid ordinary passport with a minimum of one year before its expiration (personal information page, validity of passport should at least till Dec. 31, 2021).
7. No criminal record.
8. Copy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form, filled in English or Chinese, can be downloaded from http://www.csc.edu.cn/laihua or http://admission.whu.edu.cn/en/?c=content&a=list&catid=81.The Physical examinations must cover all the items listed in the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete forms or forms without the signature of the attending physician, or the official stamp of the hospital, or a sealed photograph of the applicant are considered as invalid.
Please carefully plan your physical examination schedule as the result is valid for only six months. Please keep the original copy of the form for the school registration.
9. Valid English level certificate is required if applying for English-medium program (e. g TOEFL or IELTS).
10. Acceptance letter from the professor of Wuhan University (if available).
11. Performance certificate from the China’s universities if the applicants had been or are studying in China.
Before December 30, 2020 (study period: February 2021- August, 2021)
Before April 30, 2021 (study period: July, 2021- January, 2022)
1. Scholarship recipient must apply X visa (X1 or X2) to enter China. University will not register students who come with other types of visa. The Scholarship will not be reserved if the recipient cannot register before the registration deadline that stipulated on the admission notice.
2. Scholarship recipients shall not allowed to change their host university, field of study, or duration of study stipulated on the admission notice after their coming to China.
Mail Address: Admissions Office 101, School of International Education, Wuhan University, No.299, Bayi Road, Wuchang Dist., Wuhan, Hubei Province, China 430072;
Post code: 430072
Contact Person: She Yuanyang (Ms.Norah)
Wuhan University Application Website: http://admission.whu.edu.cn/
CSC Scholarship Application Website: http://www.csc.edu.cn/Laihua/