Head of Finance and Operations
تاريخ نشر الوظيفة : 2019/02/24
تاريخ إغلاق التقديم : 2019-03-07
تفاصيل الوظيفة :
Head of finance and operations ADD International – Sudan
Salary: USD 1,300 – USD 1,600 Gross per month (Commensurate with qualification and experience but usually new staff are appointed to the bottom of the scale)
Benefits: One annual festival bonus salary, one-month salary as gratuity for each completed year.
Location: Khartoum with frequent travel to project locations within Sudan
Reports To: Country Director – Sudan
ADD International – Sudan welcomes applications from people who identify themselves as disabled people and guarantees interviews to those who meet our minimum criteria.
The Head of Finance and Operations will provide day to day support to ADD International Sudan in respect of Finance, Human Resources Administration, IT, Legal and Office Administration. The Head of Finance and Operations is a member of the Country Management Team and will provide strategic oversight for all aspects of finance and operations.
Management and Compliance (20%)
· As a Country Management Team Member, provide clear inspiring leadership that embodies ADD International’s core values
· Under the supervision of the Country Director, ensure that individuals and teams are aligned to effectively deliver the ADD International – Sudan strategy.
· Develop systems to ensure the development of individuals and teams throughout
ADD International – Sudan.
· Ensure financial, HR and administrative policies and procedures are rigorously applied and reviewed as necessary.
Finance and Grant Management (45%)
· Lead ADD International – Sudan budgeting and forecasting processes and ensure implementation of full cost recovery for all grants and contracts.
· Responsible for monitoring the cash flow into and out of the ADD international – Sudan bank accounts and submit cash requests to the UK offices as needed in order to maintain liquidity requirements.
· Produce regular financial and management information to meet the needs of budget holders, the country management team and other stakeholders.
· Work closely with colleagues in country and outside to develop funding proposals and budgets
· Lead on financial reporting to donors and donors compliance
· Work closely with colleagues to assess the financial capacity of partners, develop appropriate sub granting agreements and review subsequent financial reports.
· Responsible for ensuring that ADD international – Sudan is compliant with all in country statutory requirements and meets all its obligations to the local authorities.
· Responsible for devising and adopting an effective and proportionate financial control framework to manage financial and operational risk
· Actively promote and implement Value for Money strategies across ADD International – Sudan and participate in ADD’s VEM working group.
· Maintain appropriate accounting records and processes to meet all statutory and funder requirements and ensure that financial information is timely, accurate and complete.
· Responsible for Keeping the data up to data in a timely manner in the organization’s financial accounting software (PSF).
· Provide support to those with budget management responsibilities to help them discharge their responsibilities effectively.
· Conduct internal audit visits to other ADD International country programmes as required.
· Any other duties which contribute to the smooth running of the ADD International – Sudan office which are delegated by a senior authority.
Human Resources Administration (15%)
· Responsible for providing oversight of ADD International – Sudan Human Resource policies and procedures to ensure that ADD’s staff are effectively managed and developed.
· Ensure that adequate HR records are maintained and document all key decisions in line with best practice and statutory requirements.
· Responsible for devising and implementing an appropriate performance review system for ADD International – Sudan in conjunction with the Country Director.
· Provide support to those with line management responsibilities on HR issues.
· Responsible for ensuring a safe working environment for all those working for and with ADD International.
· Oversee the operation of the IT infrastructure and ensure that there is an effective IT and telecommunications system in place.
· Conduct a risk review of key funding contracts and present the results to the country management team and the Director of Finance and Operations.
· Ensure that ADD International – Sudan seeks appropriate, timely professional and legal advice whenever required.
· Ensure that there is an effective insurance programme in place to manage agreed risks.
· Ensure all ADD International – Sudan registrations are up to date with the relevant authorities.
· Responsible for creating an effective framework of internal policies and processes that support effective delivery of ADD’s mission, consistent with the organization’s values
· Support the ADD International Company Secretary/ Director of Finance and Operations in performing the relevant governance duties.
· Prepare and submit all statutory reports for ADD International – Sudan in a timely manner in line with relevant accounting frameworks and protocols.
· Responsible for ensuring efficient audits of ADD international – Sudan.
· University Degree in Accountancy or financial management
· Membership of a reputable accountancy body i.e. ICAB, ACCA, ICAEW, CIPFA, CPA, CPE or equivalent.
· Master’s Degree in Accounting and Finance.
· Significant experience of working within Senior Management teams.
· At least five years experience in finance, HR and admin management for an I/NGO.
· Extensive experience in preparing and managing significant budgets with diverse streams of income and expenditure.
· Extensive experience in working with computerized accounting systems, preferably PS Financials.
· Experience in designing and delivering Finance, HR and Administration policies and system.
· Experience in supporting and training staff.
· Experience in analyzing financial data and communicating to non-finance staff.
· Knowledge and working experience with EU, DfiD, USAID and other donors.
· Experience in effectively managing and implementing change.
· Experience of working with consultants and professional advisors.
· Experience of working in an international or multi locational environment
· Experience in IT networking and maintenance
Skills and ability:
· Excellent verbal and written communication in English and Arabic.
· Ability to quickly develop and foster relationships with positive outcomes.
· A team player with a confident manager and a professional, flexible, positive, calm and resilient approach.
· Competent with MS Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook in addition to a computerized accounting system.
· Strong negotiating skills.
· Ability to work evening and weekend hours when necessary.
How to Apply:
· Hand written applications, with photocopies of your testimonies & certificates to be sent to the Humanitarian Aid Commission (HAC), Labour Office Department – Khartoum.
· Closing date: 2 weeks from the last day the advert appears (2019/3/7)
· Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Please indicate contact telephone number and email.
· Incomplete or late applications will not be considered
· Females and people with disability are encouraged to apply particularly disabled women.