2nd Level Operations Locations
Date: Feb 15, 2019
We are now looking for an Occupational Health Safety (OHS) Officer to act as overall focal point for any Customer Unit (CU) OHS related activities within the project or assigned area of work.
- To lead the team of OHS inspectors and / or perform OHS inspections, as needed by the project teams
- To report on the overall OHS trends based on the provided project inspection KPI’s and criteria provided by Ericsson OHS team.
- To advise improvement areas based on the analysis of the trends.
- To prepare, implement, and modify as required, the Project OHS safety plan based on Ericsson Group OHS requirements, Ericsson OHS standards, Local Legal Requirements, Customer OHS requirements and any other such legislation.
- To prepare, implement, and modify as required, the Project Risk Assessment, wherein all project related hazards are identified, adequately controlled and monitored to reduce risk to employees, contractors, members of the public and any others affected by Ericsson Operations.
- To conduct training & awareness sessions, as required, with Ericsson personnel & contractors, related to the project or assigned area of work.
- To be the lead advisor on any incident investigation, including conducting effective and pertinent investigation analysis, reporting on incident as per Ericsson standards, proposing and following up on determined corrective and preventive actions.
- Perform random audits / inspections to ensure optimal site OHS safety. This may include internal project audits, to suppliers or any other areas of Ericsson operations.
- Perform planned internal audits, as required by Ericsson OHS team, to ensure compliance to the Ericsson OHS requirements.
- Capable to compile reports on periodic basis to project management team.
- 1-2 years working experience, out of which min. 1 year experience in an OHS Officer (or similar) role, preferably in a telecom environment or construction industry,
- Ideally should have technical degree / qualification, e.g. Engineering, Scientific degree; Additional qualifications / certifications in Occupational Health & Safety is preferred (e.g. First Aid, Fire Fighting, Working at heights, etc.)
- NEBOSH International General Certificate (IGC) is a plus.
- Experience in leading a team and / or advising on OHS activities to senior personnel is highly desired;
- Experience in developing OHS management system (e.g. OHS plans, risk assessments, method statements) internally and experience in evaluating and leading Subcontractors OHS practices would be highly desired
- Organizing & delivering Health Saftey Executive (HSE) trainings and inductions internally and with subcontractors externally, would also be looked at favourably
- The ideal candidate would also have experience dealing with internal / external customers, or at least have demonstrable qualities to put “customer first” e.g. good communication and presentation skills
- Multilingual person is preferred, however excellent command of spoken and written English is required;
- Capable to drive and perform site visits as needed by the project KPI’s;
- Driving license is a preferable; Able to travel as needed;
- Must be proficient in usage of computers, with knowledge in standard office programs (such as Microsoft Office).
Why is Ericsson a great place to work?
Ericsson is the driving force behind the Networked Society where every person and every industry is empowered to reach their full potential. Mobility, broadband and the cloud are transforming the world, enabling industries and society to provide better services, capture new opportunities, improve businesses, increase efficiency, and create new user experiences.
Our services, software and infrastructure support every major telecom operator in the world. The transformation that this brings allows people, business and society to fulfill their potential and create a more sustainable future.
With about 101,000 employees and customers in 180 countries, we combine global scale with technology and services leadership. We support networks that connect more than 2.5 billion subscribers. 40 percent of the world’s mobile traffic is carried over Ericsson networks. And our SEK 100 billion investment in research and development over the last three years ensure that our solutions – and our customers – are at the forefront of innovation.
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world. Are you ready to be a change-maker? Learn what makes YOU + Ericsson a powerful combination. Join us today.
Founded in 1876, Ericsson has its headquarters in Stockholm, Sweden. Net sales in 2014 were SEK 228.0 billion (USD 33.1 billion). Ericsson is listed on NASDAQ OMX stock exchange in Stockholm and the NASDAQ in New York.
Ericsson provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetics.
Ericsson complies with applicable country, state and all local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location across the world in which the company has facilities. In addition, Ericsson supports the UN Guiding Principles for Business and Human Rights and the United Nations Global Compact.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and development.
Ericsson expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, national origin, ethnic background, age, disability, political opinion, social status, veteran status, union membership or genetic information.
To apply click here
for more jobs click here